Moruga Hill Rice was brought to Moruga, Trinidad by the Merikin Warrior Tribes of West Africa centuries ago, and the nutritious, flavorful grain is now unique to Trinidad.
At Vista Dorado Estates we pride ourselves on providing freshly grown local and all-natural food products. We don’t use chemical pesticides, fertilizers or hormones on our plants and animals, just tender love and care. Our products are grown on lush, family farmlands in temperate Moruga, overlooking the Trinity Hills deep in the heart of south Trinidad.
From start to finish, Moruga Hill Rice is nurtured to provide you with the most nutrition possible!
Many people enjoy Moruga Hill Rice to stay healthy and because it tastes great! We tenderly care for five varieties of Moruga Hill Rice, each with its own nutty flavor:
- Bongo Farina – short, maroon grains
- Bongo Toffee – fat, black grains
- Bongo Farina Long Beard – short, maroon grains, but with spiked hairs on the paddy!
- Black Hen – two-toned red/purple and brown grains, with short, black prickles on the paddy that make it pest resistant!
- Black End – the rarest, with the whitest grain, and unique black arrow heads and a short black beard on each paddy grain!
There are no reviews yet.